Saturday, January 23, 2016

CORPUS CHRISTI NOVENA

(A Novena that honours the Body and Blood of Christ.)
I thank You, Jesus, my Divine Redeemer,
for coming upon the earth for our sake,
and for instituting the adorable Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
in order to remain with us until the end of the world.
I thank You for hiding beneath the Eucharistic species Your infinite majesty and beauty,
which Your Angels delight to behold,
so that I might have courage to approach the throne of Your Mercy.
I thank You, most loving Jesus,
for having made Yourself my food,
and for uniting me to Yourself with so much love
in this wonderful Sacrament that I may live in You.
I thank You, my Jesus,
for giving Yourself to me in this Blessed Sacrament,
and so enriching it with the treasures of Your love
that You have no greater gift to give me.
I thank You not only for becoming my food
but also for offering Yourself as a continual sacrifice
to Your Eternal Father for my salvation.
I thank You, Divine Priest,
for offering Yourself as a Sacrifice daily upon our altars in adoration
and homage to the Most Blessed Trinity,
and for making amends for our poor and miserable adoration.
I thank You for renewing in this daily Sacrifice
the actual Sacrifice of the Cross offered on Calvary,
in which You satisfy Divine justice for us poor sinners.
I thank You, dear Jesus,
for having become the priceless Victim
to merit for me the fullness of heavenly favors.
Awaken in me such confidence in You
that their fullness may descend ever more fruitfully upon my soul.
I thank You for offering Yourself in thanksgiving to God
for all His benefits,
spiritual and temporal,
which He has bestowed upon me.
In union with Your offering of Yourself to Your Father
in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass,
I ask for this special favor:
[State your intention here…]
If it be Your holy Will, grant my request.
Through You I also hope to receive
the grace of perseverance in Your love and faithful service,
a holy death,
and a happy eternity with You in Heaven. Amen.
O Lord, You have given us this Sacred Banquet,
in which Christ is received,
the memory of His Passion is renewed,
the mind is filled with grace,
and a pledge of future glory is given to us.
You have given them bread from Heaven.
Having all sweetness within.
Let us pray.
God our Father,
for Your glory and our salvation
You appointed Jesus Christ eternal High Priest.
May the people He gained for You by His Blood
come to share in the power of His Cross and Resurrection
by celebrating His Memorial in this Eucharist,
for He lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever.
Amen.
O Jesus, since You have left us a remembrance of Your Passion
beneath the veils of this Sacrament,
grant us, we pray,
so to venerate the sacred mysteries of Your Body and Blood
that we may always enjoy the fruits of Your Redemption,
for You live and reign forever.
Amen.

No comments: